Sunday, April 25, 2010

Boston: Day 4, Departure, and Overview.

Today was Boston University day. We got there early and took a tour of the the Communications building. They have some high-tech facilities. For the rest of the day there was the whole presentation of the College of Communications. I was pretty impressed. BU is really good for Communications and I feel like that is the school I should go to if I'm really serious about Communications.It still lacks the campus feel that I wanted in a school, but it makes for it in other ways. I mean, it is in the middle of a great city. Like literally there will always been something to do. I'll explain more about it in my college post.

After we left Boston University, we walked to our hotel room, then took the T to Newbury St., a street that was well-known for it's shopping. They had a bunch of places - Karmaloop, H&M, a comic store, The Fairy Shop, and Condom World - those were the most noticeable. Haha. I bought my girlfriend a love/friendship pendent from the Fairy Shop. The guy there wrapped it up and put flower buds in it and sprinkled it with fairy dust. Hopefully it brings her good luck or something. I don't know if I believe in those things, but then again I don't really know what I believe in. It could work, who knows.

Our last night was a good one. We went back to Fire and Ice, early this time, only to be greeted with an hour and a half wait. We decided, screw it, we have to wait for this, so we went out side to wait. My parents called and it was like a 10 minute phone conversation over I don't even know what. After that, we decided to wait in the bar. Some girl was having her bachelorette party there so we got really confused (and a little bit excited) as to what this restaurant was all about. We waited a really long time for the waitress at the bar to get to us. When she finally did, we got called up to our table. The restaurant was upstairs, and it was crazier than we had imagined.

Imagine a Mongol King mixed with a Benihana's but with like all kinds of food and dim lighting. Our waitress explained the restaurant and it was honestly soo crazy. Basically, you meat, any kind you want, either pasta, rice, or noodles, then vegetables and other toppings. Then they had like 20 different sauces to choose from. You could also make burgers and sandwiches. I feel like my explanation is not doing the restaurant justice, but believe me Fire and Ice, crazy, delicious restaurant.

After that we went home (the hotel) and hot tubbed for one last time. We packed up, got everything ready, and went to sleep. We had to wake up at 330 to catch a cab to get to the airport. When our plane boarded at 7, our flight was canceled because there was something wrong with the plane. Luckily, we were able to catch a flight about an hour later. We ended up having a 3 hour layover in Denver, but it was alright. Got home and was very happy to see my own bed.

I really enjoyed Boston. When I was a kid I took a trip to NYC and I discovered that I loved the city. When we first got to Boston, I was a little overwhelmed and I wasn't really sure if I liked the city that much anymore, but I realized that I had just become accustomed to a chill laid-back life. Once I got adjusted to being in Boston for a few days, I became a little more comfortable and I enjoyed it more. I think I would really like being in the city. It's more intense and exciting. If I went there for college, I think I would be more anxious than if I went somewhere else. I think I'm just anxious for college in general. Well college or not, I enjoyed my stay in Boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment