Thursday, April 15, 2010

Boston: Arrival and Day 1

Sorry this took a while. I've been caught up with things. Boston was pretty cool. I'll try to highlight as much of the trip as I can.

We arrived around 4 something. It was like like 90 degrees outside. Pleasant surprise I guess. I had arranged a shuttle to come us up around 5 but we were outside of the terminal around 415. the lady I had talked to said that the shuttles come at 430 and 5 so I thought that we could just wait till 430 and the shuttle would pick us up. So around 430 this shuttle rolls around and it says Sheraton on the side (our hotel) so I go up to the window and the driver asks what hotel we are going to. I saw Sheraton and he tells us to get in.

When we get in, we were surprised by someone from our school on the same shuttle. She was spending the next few days at the MIT admit weekend or something like that. Anyways, the shuttle is driving everyone to their hotels, I'm looking around at Boston, and I get this call. It was the shuttle I had arranged and they were looking for us. I told them that I had already gotten on one, thinking that it was the one i had booked, and they said they would have to charge me for it. Oops.

We were the last ones dropped off at our hotel. It was actually pretty nice. Good location too. Big, right in the middle of the city. We went up to our rooms, claimed our beds, sat there for like 5 minutes, then decided to go explore the city. We spent a good two hours wandering and looking for things to do. Then we finally met up with our Boston connection, a friend of a friend of a friend; we called him Matt Boston. He hooked us up and told us where we could go and places to eat.

That night we went to this old pizza place that had been open for like 80 years and was the original of this chain. It was called Pizzeria Regina's and it was pretty legit. The service there was pretty bad, but i enjoyed when the waitress swept the trash on our table onto the floor and just left it there, at least for the comedic value. The pizza was really good though.

We caught a taxi back to the hotel and got our trunks on and went down to use the jacuzzi. When we got down there, a guy said that it was closing soon but that we could still go. So we sat in the jacuzzi while it drained, not very fun. We went back up to the room, watched some tv and went to sleep. We were stoked for the full day ahead of us the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment