Wednesday, February 24, 2010

First Days of Freedom

On Monday, after school, I seshed, hung out with my friends, went to Fantastic Cafe, had a delicious breakfast burrito along with some chili fries, went to an ASB meeting, then came home and ate an entire box of tagalongs.

On Tuesday, I gave blood. I didn't really want to at first. I don't like needles. I wouldn't say that I'm scared of them. I'm not really scared of anything physical. I'm more scared of the unknown. I guess I could say that I am afraid of heights, but a more accurate statement would be that I am aware of heights. So like if I am really high up, I am aware that I am at that height, and to be careful, because honestly I am so clumsy that I will find the only crack in a 100-foot radius and trip on it.

But anyways, I digress. I don't like needles. They make me squeamish. I don't like the sensation or the sight of needles entering skin. But my girlfriend convinced me. She is the kind of person that just like jumps into things,especially challenges, which I admire in her. I like to accompany her on her adventures so I agreed to give blood. Also, I didn't want to seem like wimp.

So anyways, I am like super nervous when they were prepping me. Then like when the lady jabbed in the needle she missed the middle of my vein. So she called over someone else to help her and the guy was adjusting the needle the whole time and I was trying not to think about it but the sensation I was getting from the man moving the needle around was a little painful and more than a little uncomfortable. Sort of reminded me of the sensation of getting stitches removed, in a way. But anyways I was feeling pretty faint and they didn't even get a whole bag cause my blood ended up clotting. So major fail. But at least I tried. One bag saves three lives. Pretty sure I saved at least one. So that's legit.

After, I went with my girlfriend to get some free pancakes at IHOP, then we went to the library, I rented Alice In Wonderland and Through The Looking Glass to read before the movie comes out (I'm soo stoked to watch it). Then I went home and played some Legend of Zelda. Good day.

Today, I didn't really do anything after school. Cleaned my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment