Thursday, February 18, 2010

CIF

I've thought of a couple of posts throughout the week, but I haven't been able to put them up yet. I've been both occupied and preoccupied, if you understand the distinction.

This weekend, tomorrow, is the final tournament of the wrestling season. CIF Division Finals. Last week were the CIF Duals, which is the team tournament. The tournament this weekend is individual.

All four years of my wrestling career has led me to this moment. Every practice, every tournament, everything, is based on getting to this tournament and placing in it. I've prepared and I've done all I can get to this point and to be ready for it. It's just really weird that it's finally here.

I'm expected to place in this tournament and win a CIF medal. And I want to, because winning a CIF medal will make everything worthwhile. And it would be an amazing capstone to my senior year. Whatever happens, happens, but I'm going there with a purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment